A frustrated wife and mom decides to document her husband's crap. She is joined by several other frustrated bloggers living with packrats and slobs.
Photos document clutter and unfinished chores along with dates in an effort to prove that she is right and he is wrong.
Please do not assume to understand the relationships between the contributors and their spouses based on the content of this blog.

Friday, March 14, 2008

I'll Show You Mine, If I Could ONLY Find It!

This is the "man's" dresser that my husband, Garth (not his real name) and I picked up at a flea market the first year we were married in 1990.

I don't believe we've seen the top of it, since then.

Oh, it's a lovely piece with a matching triple dresser (that's mine) and I even sewed cute little lace curtains back before the kids, you know, cured me of such domestic-like behavior.

Still.

We've already given up the rather large master bedroom to our three very ungrateful daughters (it has it's own bathroom, damnit) and they insist on mucking that up, too.

But, this post is NOT about the kids, yes?

About my husband's dresser. It sits at the entrance of a very smallish bedroom - I can touch the window sitting on the end of our bed - that has been in renovation for...um...how old IS my son?

Anyway, it gets tight...quick...around here and did I mention that I'm claustrophobic?

Oh, I tried cleaning it. Even gave him a pretty basket to put things in. If you look hard enough, you'll find it. It's up there, buried under a pair of jeans I'm supposed to fix.

He thinks.

It's like Erma Bombeck said:

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk while it's still snowing."

Is it too much to ask that my husband straighten up his own crap?

As you can see, the dry wall is in desperate need of a paint job, too - but, I'll save that for another bitch session...um...I mean, blog post!

Hold me.

5 comments:

Willow said...

Ah Liz. Welcome, welcome.

There is yet another blog where you can get those kid rants off your chest, too. http://www.blogger.com//mykidsarepigs.blogspot.com/

heh heh...

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I've tried giving mine pretty baskets to keep things in. He buried those too.

Lisa said...

WHat a BRILLIANT idea for a blog. Oh I can SO relate with the mess and the home improvement/paint projects hubby is supposed to tackle but hasn't done.

Mama Smurf said...

Oh my goodness! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time...loving your blog! I soooooo relate!

Lets see...last week I had to let my inner bitch out to let my husband know how serious I was about getting his deep frier and all accompanying accessories out of my great room. They've only been their since Christmas. It was his gift from his Dad. I've asked him for 3 months to put it away. So...he finally "put it away" and it now sits in the middle of my kitchen in the basement. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Oh my your a better person then me. I would rent a dumpster and clean house! He would get the idea!