A frustrated wife and mom decides to document her husband's crap. She is joined by several other frustrated bloggers living with packrats and slobs.
Photos document clutter and unfinished chores along with dates in an effort to prove that she is right and he is wrong.
Please do not assume to understand the relationships between the contributors and their spouses based on the content of this blog.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Take it to the Tool Shed

My husband never puts his tools away. Never. So when I go to use a shovel or a hoe for gardening, first, I cannot find one without searching the yard, the garage, the truck, the shed. Then when I find one, the handle is splintered due to being in the weather. Before I married my husband (anniversary next week--six years) I had my own tools. One particular shovel I had for a least 15 years. It had the smoothest handle and the sharpest, cleanest point. Now my tools are mixed with his. It is an ongoing argument. When I mentioned this problem again the other day, dear husband got mad. He said if I wanted to take the time to put the tools away then I could do it. You know, I just always assumed that putting away tools was PART of the job! Anyway, the next day I googled "husband won't put tools away." and I found this blog spot. You guys are an inspiration! Your posts even inspired me to start my own blog.

I don't think I can ever get my husband to change. The clutter and the disarray drives me insane. I walk around in circles due to the confusion of things not being in place. My sense of creativity has been stifled.

It is a comfort, somehow,to know that I'm not alone. Thank all you fellow sufferers for coming forward.

Jill/Cyclothymic Cister ( your newest member)

4 comments:

Willow said...

One thing we learned, and the reason this blog was started, is because you are never alone!

I too face the same thing. Some of the pictures are so bad, I'm ashamed to post them.

I was always taught that cleaning up afterwards as part of the job, too. I wonder why these guys weren't.

Welcome aboard

Cyclothymic Cister said...

Thanks for the welcome. This outlet should prove to be therapeutic.

Sleeping Mommy said...

You know they say we can't change them, so I figured why not shame him? Ha! He cannot be shamed. Men, they just don't care or they'd take care of it. So instead we'll commiserate together.

Glad to have you here--and I have the same issues with having my own stuff and tools. He's ruined all of my kitchen towels by using them for rags. GRRRR. Don't get me started (some were handwoven by me and others were embroidered. They were for drying dishes not wiping oily hands!)

Cyclothymic Cister said...

You are so right. They can't be shamed. It just doesn't matter to them. In fact I think they don't see "messes." Then I wonder, "why should I try?" Viscious cycle.

My husband saves coffee cans. (If I try to sneak one to the trash, he finds it and gets it out). They are stacked up everywhere. Maybe I'll take a picture. Or maybe not. It is pretty embarssing.

Well, I could go on and on. I know what you mean about kichen towels. My husband wiped his hands that were covered in disel fuel on my good bathroom hand towel just yesterday. What's a wife to do!