A frustrated wife and mom decides to document her husband's crap. She is joined by several other frustrated bloggers living with packrats and slobs.
Photos document clutter and unfinished chores along with dates in an effort to prove that she is right and he is wrong.
Please do not assume to understand the relationships between the contributors and their spouses based on the content of this blog.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Monday Morning Report

On the plus side, he trimmed what he could of the tree off of our roof. That's a gold star for him. And he spent time with us as a family on Saturday (after I freaked about his plan to work on his car--AGAIN). We did some shopping in Oklahoma City and visited his family briefly.

Last night he finally got rid of this box off the front porch after I bitched and nagged him into submission at 11:00pm at night.



He picked up the kitchen towel on Friday I think. Again only after I nagged him into submission.

He picked up his boxers from the bathroom this morning. Again only after I nagged him into submission.

Wasn't I supposed to just document it here and keep my mouth shut? Yeah turns out I don't have it in me to do that. The longer I keep my mouth shut about things the worse the explosion.

The dehydrater of course has not budged.



I'm catching up on the cleaning around the house today. First load of laundry is in the washer, as is the first load of dishes in the dishwasher. I'll have a few more things I am sure for him to pick up and put away this evening. The bar between the kitchen and living room alone is enough to send me over the edge.

The thing is, I may be a stay at home mom and part of that job includes doing housework. However it does not include being my husband's personal maid. I'll do the dishes. I will do the laundry. I will vacuum and dust and clean the glass and the counters and the bathrooms. But I will not, I repeat will NOT, pick up after my husband. He is a grown up. Nobody has to go around telling me to pick up after myself do they? Yeah, I know he is a man and they have blinders or reflective vision or whatever when it comes to seeing these things that need picked up. Whatever. In case you couldn't tell, I'm not in the mood for excuses this morning.

I could bitch about a few other issues but this is a place to bitch about my husband's crap and his failure to pick it up. Nothing more. So I'll clench my teeth and hit publish now.

~Sleeping Mommy

1 comment:

Willow said...

Amen Sister! Just because the house is our "job" doesn't mean we're slaves! And what does it teach the kids? Apparently nothing. He never learned how to make a bed, sweep a floor properly or anything - because he never had to! HIS MOTHER ALWAYS DID IT!

So of course now we've got some teaching to do.

More on this in another post. (Too busy picking up after everyone in the universe to type it out right now. Hah!)